LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – (April 27, 2012) — This July and “Holidays 2012″ are the next two milestones for openings in the multi-year expansion of the New Fantasyland, announced Friday.
A “What’s New, What’s Next” presentation to media detailed the next phases in the project designed to nearly double the size of Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history.
“Fantasyland is a place where a very special kind of memory is made: where children just old enough to understand the moment come in contact with princesses and heroes and meet their most beloved friends,” said Meg Crofton, president, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, United States and France.
“We are excited about sharing our treasured stories in new ways and giving guests the opportunity to interact with their favorite characters like never before.”
Last month, the New Fantasyland unwrapped its first openings with one of two Dumbos planned for Storybook Circus, a new train station and The Barnstormer family coaster whimsically re-themed to The Great Goofini (see separate release for additional information).
Announced Friday were next phases:
- Opening of the second Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Indoor interactive area serving the new double attraction
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station.
Openings “In time for Holidays 2012″ were also announced by Crofton for:
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Gaston’s Tavern
- Ariel’s Grotto
- In addition, Crofton announced plans for a 2014 opening for The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015