According to a recent announcement, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is now opening on on May 31, 2012. The Walt Disney World Resort has released a few fun facts about Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. Here are a few random fun facts about this new resort:
- More than 800 construction jobs were created, and at full operation it will create 750 resort hotel jobs
- The Nemo pool has 310,000 gallons and is the largest pool on Disney property, not counting water parks
- If you combined all the swimming pools, you could park 125 cars inside the pools
- Its 27 acres of landscaping and irrigation is the equivalent of twenty football fields.
- With 227,000 lineal feet of carpet could stretch from downtown Orlando to Kennedy Space Center.
- There are over 529,000 square feet of ceramic tiles on the project, enough to cover a standard two-lane road four miles long
- If you stacked up all the doors at the resort, they would be as tall as the Empire State Building
- There’s enough metal railing to wrap around the new Amway Center eight times
- The project used 23,000 gallons of paint, which is enough to fill a typical backyard swimming pool
- There are over 2,300 parking spaces within the project, which is approximately the number of players in the NFL
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015