It’ll be party time in New Orleans Square at Disneyland park when “New Orleans Bayou Bash!” brings the sights and sounds of a New Orleans-style celebration on weekends, Feb. 10 through March 11, plus Feb. 20 and 21 for the Presidents’ Day holidays. Jazz musicians will perform throughout New Orleans Square, and Princess Tiana and her friends from “The Princess and the Frog” will lead guests in hand-clapping, dancing-in-the-streets fun.
- Dates for “New Orleans Bayou Bash!” will be Fridays through Sundays, Feb. 10-12, 24-26, March 2-4 and 9-11, and Friday through Tuesday, Feb. 17-21 (Presidents’ Day weekend). Entertainment is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- New Orleans Square and the adjoining banks of the Rivers of America will be adorned with masks, beads, feathers and colorful celebration banners in bright shades of purple, green and gold.
- A stage along the Rivers of America will provide a performance area for a variety of “New Orleans Bayou Bash!” talent, including “Tiana’s Mardi Gras Procession” and the New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band.
- In “Tiana’s Mardi Gras Procession,” Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Louis the alligator and a crew of colorfully costumed dancers burst into New Orleans Square in a musical celebration taking place six times a day. They sing lively tunes from “The Princess and the Frog” as they make their way through the streets and down to the Rivers of America stage.
- The New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band will appear five times per day in a rousing Mardi Gras procession through New Orleans Square. In traditional “second line” style, an umbrella dancer leads the mash-up of musicians and colorful street performers. Guests are asked to join the procession, which travels through the streets and down to the river stage.
- Additional “New Orleans Bayou Bash!” entertainment will include performances by Jambalaya Jazz Band and the bluesy Royal Street Bachelors on the stage at the French Market restaurant in New Orleans Square.
- In the Court of Angels Photo Location in New Orleans Square, guests celebrating the New Orleans Bayou Bash can pose for pictures with an ever-changing lineup of beloved Disney characters in Mardi Gras attire: Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Chip and Dale.
“New Orleans Bayou Bash!” fills New Orleans Square with vibrant excitement, jazzy music, street performers and the sensational food of New Orleans. Guests can savor a celebration seasoned with Southern hospitality.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015