ANAHEIM, Calif. – For the first time, Disneyland Resort will observe Three Kings Day as part of the celebration of holidays. Three Kings Day activities will be held Jan. 6-8, 2012, at Zocalo Park in Disneyland park. The festivities add to all the holiday fun, including beautiful décor throughout the park, nightly snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A., and the special “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday attractions.
- Disneyland will celebrate Three Kings Day, also known as Día de los Reyes Magos, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 6-8, 2012, with special décor, food and entertainment that showcases this Latin American holiday tradition.
- Three Kings Day is celebrated in many Latin American countries as part of the Christmas story. It commemorates the day the three kings (the magi or “wise men”) followed the star to Bethlehem and presented their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
- The Three Kings Day celebration at Disneyland will be centered around Zocalo Park (Spanish for “Town Square”) in Frontierland. Walt Disney envisioned Frontierland as a showcase of America’s Western and Mexican heritage and this celebration will continue that vision.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will appear in Fiesta costumes and other characters will join them: The Three Caballeros: Donald Duck, Jose Carioca and Panchito.
- Entertainment highlights include folklorico dance along with musical performances by the Grammy-winning Mariachi Divas.
- Bilingual activity hosts will join children in face-painting, coloring, crown decorating and other activities.
- Special food carts will appear in Zocalo Park for the occasion, serving Three Kings Day treats. The seasonal menu at Rancho del Zocalo restaurant includes tamales and Mexican hot chocolate.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015