“GOOD LUCK CHARLIE, IT’S CHRISTMAS!,”
A DISNEY CHANNEL ORIGINAL MOVIE PREMIERES FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2
— Preview of New Comedy Series “Austin & Ally” to Follow —
The cast of Disney Channel’s hit family sitcom “Good Luck Charlie”– Bridgit Mendler, Leigh-Allyn Baker, Bradley Steven Perry, Mia Talerico, Eric Allan Kramer and Jason Dolley — star in “Good Luck Charlie, It’s Christmas!,” a Disney Channel Original Movie premiering FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT). The story follows the Duncans as they scramble to reunite with each other in time for the holiday after they are separated en route to their family vacation in Palm Springs.
(Editors, please note: Images are available for downloading at www.disneychannelmedianet.com. Registration Required).
In “Good Luck Charlie It’s Christmas!,” it’s a holiday season the Duncans won’t soon forget. The adventure begins when the Duncans, who are en route to Palm Springs to celebrate the holidays with Amy’s parents, are separated after Teddy makes a snap decision to give up her seat on the flight for a free ticket. Unwilling to stand by and let her daughter travel alone, Amy also disembarks the plane only to discover the next flight to Palm Springs departs after Christmas. Meanwhile, the rest of the family arrive in Palm Springs, but things aren’t any easier as Bob tries to care for Charlie under the watchful eye of Amy’s mom Petunia; PJ learns the pros and cons of his grandparents’ pool and Gabe quickly realizes the downfalls of teaching grandpa Hank how to play his video game.
Leading up to the premiere, the cast of “Good Luck Charlie, It’s Christmas!” will share inside scoops from the set, including an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie. The hosted wraps begin airing Sunday, November 6 and continue every Sunday night up until the premiere.
Beginning Friday, November 4, kids and families can visit DisneyChannel.com and experience new games inspired by the movie, including “Christmas Fix It!,” where users can help spruce up grandma’s condo after Charlie has a bit too much fun playing with Christmas decorations, and “Vacation Vehicles,” where fans can travel with various vehicles to get the entire Duncan family together for the holidays.
Immediately following the movie is a special preview of the new comedy series “Austin & Ally,” which centers around the partnership between two polar opposites — Austin, an extroverted musician/singer, and Ally, a brilliant yet shy songwriter — and their two best friends, Trish and Dez.
The multiplatform premiere schedule is as follows:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25
- “Good Luck Charlie, It’s Christmas!” exclusive preview available via Disney Channel On Demand, a video-on-demand service available to a variety of major affiliates including AT&T, Cablevision, Time Warner and Verizon customers.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2
- The premiere of “Good Luck Charlie, It’s Christmas!” (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel with simulcasts on Sprint TV and MobiTV.
- Preview of “Austin & Ally” (9:30 p.m., ET/PT). In the pilot episode, unbeknownst to Ally, Austin and Dez “borrow” one of her songs, record it, create a video and post it on the Internet, after which it and Austin become an overnight sensation. When Trish convinces Ally to tell the world she wrote the song, Austin pleads with her to write another hit for him. Instead, the two combine their talents to create a true musical tour-de-force.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6
- “Good Luck Charlie, It’s Christmas!” is available on iTunes, Sony and Xbox Live.
Rounding out the cast is Debra Monk (“Damages,” “Grey’s Anatomy”) as Petunia and Michael Kagan (“Desperate Housewives”) as Hank.
Based on Disney Channel’s family sitcom “Good Luck Charlie,” “Good Luck Charlie, It’s Christmas!” is executive-produced by Sheri Singer and television veterans Dan Staley, (“Cheers,” “Love & Money”), Phil Baker and Drew Vaupen (“Suddenly Susan” and “What I Like About You”). Baker and Vaupen are also the series creators. The movie was written by Geoff Rodkey (“R.V.,” “Daddy Day Care”) and directed by Emmy Award-nominee Arlene Sanford (“Ally McBeal,” “Boston Legal”). Bridgit Mendler co-wrote and performs the song “I’m Gonna Run to You,” which is featured in the movie.
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 99 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015