PASADENA, Calif–September 28, 2011–To jump-start the holiday shopping season, Disney has announced its new Disney Store App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch is now available on the App Store. As a leading global specialty retailer, Disney Store recognizes the value in offering guests multiple shopping options, whether they are visiting one of its 350 stores worldwide, shopping DisneyStore.com from their home computer or making a purchase from their iOS device. Shopping Disney Store’s wide assortment of products has never been so convenient and easy.
“Disney Store is excited to join the mobile shopping sphere,” says Jim Fielding, President of Disney Stores Worldwide. “A recent report* shows that nearly 50 percent of consumers already engage in shopping-related activities on their mobile phones, and with the launch of the Disney Store App we are able to extend our shopping experience to today’s tech-savvy moms and all our guests at any place and any time.”
Features of the Disney Store App include:
- Browse new arrivals and exclusive Disney Store merchandise with product descriptions and user reviews;
- Search and find toys, clothes, décor, collectibles and more featuring Disney’s most beloved characters;
- Filter product list pages by character, category, size, color and more;
- Shop with the same DisneyStore.com account;
- Check-out quickly and easily;
- Find the nearest Disney Store through the store locator;
- Seamlessly share favorite products with friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter.
The Disney Store App is available for free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/apps/disneystore.
To learn more about Disney Store’s mobile application, please visitwww.DisneyStore.com/mobile.
To find a Disney Store location, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798. Guests can also sign up for email alerts at www.DisneyStore.com/Updates, become a fan on www.facebook.com/DisneyStore or follow us on Twitterwww.twitter.com/DisneyStore.
ABOUT DISNEY STORE The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Ireland, Italy and Portugal, plus online stores www.DisneyStore.comand www.disneystore.co.uk. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visitwww.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us atwww.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015