The 2012 Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo bridal collection is inspired by the seven current Disney Princess characters (Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Tiana), and Rapunzel, who will officially become the newest Disney Princess on October 2, 2011 at a special royal celebration at Kensington Palace in London, England. Each gown incorporates modern style trends with the fantasy that is the core essence of each princess.
- Michael Shettel, head designer for the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo collection, describes his new creations:
- • Ariel’s gown is inspired by the gentle movement of the ocean’s tides. It features cascading ruffles, self made flowers with feather accents that softly sway and dance as if under the sea.
- • This season, Belle’s grand ball gown is layered with graceful tulle and net and features a luxuriously bejeweled corset bodice that is filled with more enchantment than a storybook romance.
- • Glamour and elegance define our Cinderella inspired gown. The exquisite form fitting shape puts a modern spin on the classic ball gown. Embellished with lace and beaded with crystals, the elongated bodice flows to a full tulle skirt.
- • Jasmine’s multi tiered soft shimmer organza gown floats in ruffles and is topped with a dazzling jewel encrusted bodice–perfect for that magic carpet ride.
- • Confident and dynamic, our Rapunzel inspired contemporary fitted gown features subtle draped taffeta reminiscent of the twists and turns of her long braided hair. The artistic nature-inspired floral sash twinkles with pearls and crystals like the lantern filled sky.
- • Sleeping Beauty’s elegance and femininity resonates in a romantic rose colored bridal. The gently draped organza gown features a sweetheart neckline, along with subtle waist beading and rose-inspired flowers.
- • Our tulle ball gown with its delicately draped satin bodice captures Snow White’s gentle grace and beauty. Hidden in the skirt’s pickups are lace vines and romantic flowers straight from her enchanted forest.
- • Both modern and nostalgic, Tiana’s gown is a sophisticated choice for a magical transformation. The form-fitting, satin gown and organza cloud-of-dreams skirt is topped off with a lace and crystal sweetheart neckline that sparkles and shines like an Evening Star!
“Little girls never forget their first encounter with Disney Princess. Even long after they’re all grown up, the appeal of these characters and their stories are still magical,” said Robert Oberschelp, Director Disney Consumer Products. “Together, with our successful bridal gown collection, we look forward to offering brides a stunning array of choices that help bring even more magic to their fairy tale weddings with the new Royal Maidens and Royal Blossoms line.”
The “Royal Maidens” bridesmaid collection includes dresses in satin, luxe taffeta and chiffon, in an array of stylish silhouettes for the Disney bride’s “ladies in waiting”. Dresses will be available in up to 60 colors, including Disney-inspired shades like Enchanted Glow, Moonlight Waltz, and Royal Bloom. The collection will start at $159, and be available in sizes 0-18, 16W-30W.
The flower girl dresses, called “Royal Blossoms,” are designed as mini versions of the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo bridal gowns. The collection is offered for flower girls, but is also designed for special occasions and holidays. The flower girl collection will be available in sizes 2 toddler to girls size 16.
About Alfred Angelo
Founded in the 1930s by Alfred Angelo Piccione and his wife, Edythe Piccione, Alfred Angelo is one of the world’s leading makers of wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses and is committed to providing beautiful, high-quality bridal and formal dresses at affordable prices. In addition to manufacturing dresses distributed in over 2000 wholesale stores worldwide, the company operates Alfred Angelo Signature Stores located in Arizona, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. For more information about Alfred Angelo, please visit www.alfredangelo.com or follow us atwww.YouTube.com/AlfredAngeloBridal, www.Facebook.com/AlfredAngeloBridal andwww.Twitter.com/AlfredAngelo.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home décor and books and magazines to foods and beverages, stationery, electronics and fine art. This is accomplished through DCP’s various lines of business, which include: Disney Toys, Disney Fashion & Home, Disney Food, Health & Beauty, and Disney Stationery. Other businesses involved in Disney’s consumer products sales are Disney Publishing Worldwide, the world’s largest publisher of children’s books and magazines, and www.DisneyStore.com, the company’s official shopping portal. The Disney Stores retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America and Europe. The Disney Stores chain in Japan is operated under a license agreement with Disney. For more information, please visitwww.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving,www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving and www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.
Amanda Sheronas – Director of Public Relations
Disney Consumer Products
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015