Disney's biographical sports saga "Invincible" has lead the weekend's US box office. Mark Wahlberg stars as a Philadelphia Eagles fan who never played college ball. He has just lost his wife and his teaching job. He decides one day to show up for an open tryout for his favorite American football team, only to see his wildest dreams come true.
No date has been set as yet for a realease in Malta, although films with American football-related themes rarely do well in the local box office.
From among the top ten in the US Box Office, none are presently showing in local cinemas. "Snakes On A Plane" will be released later on this month. "World Trade Centre" will be released in October.
Here is the list of the top 10 films in the US as compiled by Exhibitor Relations for the three-day period from Friday August 25 to Sunday August 27:
1. Invincible, $17 million
2. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, $8.1 million
3. Little Miss Sunshine, $7.4 million
4. Beerfest, $7 million
5. World Trade Center, $6.5 million
6. Accepted, $6.3 million
7. Snakes of a Plane, $6.17 million
8. Step Up, $6.16 million
9. Idlewild, $5.74 million
10. Barnyard, $5.65 million
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Team DAPs Magic Announces ROCK4CHOC! - July 21, 2017
- Muppet Studios, Hensons, and Whitmire All Share Perspectives on Steve Whitmire’s Dismissal - July 21, 2017
- Traci Hines & Brian Hull Perform Disney’s BELLE! - July 21, 2017